Saturday, October 12, 2013

Popovers

One of my favorite things about the weekends is having a chance to enjoy breakfast. Having to be at school at 8 am has made it almost impossible for me to get more than a cup of coffee in the morning. Either cooking at home or going to one of many brunch spots in Portland is something I look forward to during the week. This weekend I made popovers which is one of my all time breakfast favorites. I grew up eating popovers and every time I smell them it reminds me of eating them at my grandmothers house when I was little.


Popovers (makes 7)
1 c. AP flour
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. milk
1 Tbs. melted butter (or shortening)

Preheat the oven to 425˚F

Beat eggs until thick and fluffy. Add the flour, salt, and 1/3 c. milk and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the milk and the melted butter and mix until the batter has no lumps. Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 way full with the batter and bake for approximately 40 minutes until the popovers are golden brown. Remove and eat immediately.


Matt and I put butter and raspberry jam on ours. Although they are good with any type of jam, lemon curd, or clotted cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment