Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mulled Apple Cider

Hello, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. I know, I have been! My boyfriend, Matt's, parents are visiting this weekend and we have been having so much fun! We have eaten lots of good food, walked around a ton, and done a few things in Portland that I have been wanting to do for a while. One of these things is the Widmer Brothers brewery tour. It was super informative and we got a bunch of yummy samples at the end! Any who, here is a simple and delicious autumn cocktail recipe that I love!


Mulled Cider (alcoholic or non!)
2 c. Apple Cider
1 Tbs. Mulling Spices (I used Penzey's)
1.5 oz Dark Rum (or even spiced rum)

In a small saucepan combine the apple cider and mulling spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer about 30 minutes (if you are impatient you can take it off the heat earlier). Once the cider is done "mulling" add the rum to a mug, then fill with the mulled cider. This drink can be enjoyed hot or cold.

Personally, I love apple cider in almost any form; cold, mulled, or mulled with some rum. Also, when I mull cider I normally make a pretty big batch. This way it is easy to reheat (either on the stove or in the microwave) and then I can enjoy it over the next day or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment