Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY: Felted Heart Garland

Here is a super easy diy that will add a little Valentine's spirit to any room!

A while back I bought a faux birch tree that had little LED lights on the end of its branches to put in one of the corners in my bed room. Since then I have had fun finding ways to decorate it, especially for holidays. For christmas (I never got around to getting a real tree) so I hung my decorations on the branches of this one. I wanted to do something Valentines-y with it and I came up with this!
You will need: 
Sheets of felted wool (you can find this at Michael's) -how ever many colors you want
Gold embroidery thread
Scissors
A needle
Cut out little hearts from the felted wool sheets. I used two colors (pink and grey). Once you have enough hearts (I think I probably made fifty or sixty) thread the needle with the embroidery thread. Now assemble your garland by threading each of the hearts onto the thread. Don't worry if they bunch up - you can space them out again once you have gotten them all on the thread! Now tie off each end and ta-da you have a heart garland! 
-xxC
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment