Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holiday Cookie Inspiration

Good afternoon,


I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was filled with yummy food, good friends, and lots of cuddles. Christmas is my favorite time of the year, and it's not because of the presents that always come along with it. I love the fact that I can count on being able to spend the day with all of my favorite people. Since getting older, I haven't been able to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins as much as when I was younger (one of the cons of moving across the country). But every year we all make the trek to my grandmother's house in Fryeburg, Maine. I always know that there is going to be a tree, lots of lights, a fire in the woodstove, and cookies...lots of cookies. For most of the year I am not a huge fan of cookies but during the holidays I am a sucker for all sorts of cookies (especially sugar cookies with the little melted cinnamon candies)!

This year I am also participating in a cookie swap with some of my friends from school so I have been trying to figure out what type of cookie that I want to make for that! Here are a few that I am considering:
// Stained-glass cookies // My mom's ginger snaps // Peppermint-chocolate biscotti //
// Vanilla-Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies //

For almost two years while I was growing up I was gluten-free so I know how disappointing it is, especially around the holidays, to miss out on some of the baked goods. Here are two recipes that I think sound super yummy (actually the almond cloud cookies are one of my all time favorite cookies) and are gluten free. The almond cloud cookies (left) are dairy-free as well and the gingerbread men could easily be made dairy free too. 

// Almond-Cloud cookies // GF Gingerbread-Men //
I hope that all of your holidays are filled with sweet treats!

xx -C

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so good! I love the gingerbread man and the vanilla-chocolate cookies!

    ReplyDelete