Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY: Homemade Coconut-Lavender Sugar Body Scrub


Over the past few months I have seen many different "recipes" for different homemade body scrub. Some are salt, some are sugar, and some are a mix of the two. Some have scents and some don't. A few things that all of the scrubs had in common were that they were all easy to make and most of them were made with ingredients that I already had in my pantry. After doing some research I found a website that outlined the basic necessities for a salt or sugar scrub. I decided upon a sugar scrub (since it is a bit gentler on skin) and since I only had white sugar at the time I used that. I think in the future I might try to make it with brown sugar and see how I like that. I decided to use coconut oil since it smells nice and is very gentle. I also decided to add some lavender essential oil to add a soothing floral scent.

To make it it is super easy!

You will need:
2.5 cups sugar
1 cup oil
~.5 tsp essential oil

Mix the sugar, oil, and essential oil together. Since I used coconut oil I had to warm it up a bit before adding the sugar since it is solid at room temperature. Once the ingredients are well mixed I filled a few smaller ball jars with the scrub and added a few dried lavender buds to the top for decoration.

I was a little worried that the scrub may feel really oily and not wash off all the way, but it doesn't seems that way at all. The oils help moisturize, especially at this time of the year when I notice my skin is a little on the dry side.

Happy scrubbing!
xx C

No comments:

Post a Comment